A few session details to make the most of your experience:
- To ensure optimal comfort and safety of our guests, space for these sessions is limited to 22.
- Please plan on arriving by 6:45 PM so we can start promptly at 7:00 PM.
- Please bring 2 towels, one to sit on inside the sauna and one to use. Also consider bringing a bathrobe or a sweat suit and some shoes to wear outside of the sauna area. The walkable outside area is cold during winter.
- When you arrive at the Hewing Hotel, take the elevator up to the 6th floor and check in with your host in the rooftop lobby.
- Please rinse/shower before using the sauna and/or pool. There is a shower in each locker room as well as an outdoor shower on the rooftop patio.
- Guests will enjoy three guided Aufguss sessions with individual “steam recipes”. We use organic essential oils only.
- Be aware that it can get very hot on the top row during an Aufguss session. If you’re new to Aufguss, choose a spot on the lowest level.
- If the heat becomes too intense for you, change seats to the lowest level or sit on the floor. You can always leave the sauna, but try to challenge yourself to stay until the end.
- No refunds! Because space is so limited (and most sessions thus far have waiting lists), we do not offer refunds. German sauna steam: use it or lose it buddy! ; )
- Please reminder that the Hewing Hotel does not allow anyone under 21 years of age on the rooftop. No exceptions.
- The rooftop restaurant and bar menu will be available until 11:30.
- Lastly, please remember the Sauna Society Code: Sauna is a safe place for EVERYONE. All guests will be held to the highest standards of respect, inclusiveness, and courtesy. The health benefits of Sauna run in every direction. One’s personal mental health, comfort, and security are every bit as important as the tremendous physical benefits of Sauna. Please always keep front of mind that you are in a shared environment, always aware, and always respectful of the feelings and boundaries of others.
Thanks—and see ya on the bench!